Serving ads in an email newsletter
This guide will show you how to serve email ads through AdButler.
You will learn how to:
- Create an email ad zone.
- Add an email ad item.
- Configure an email zone tag.
- Set an email zone tag in an email template.
Step 1: Create an email ad zone
- Go to the dashboard of the publisher to which you want to assign the email ad zone ( Your AdButler > Publishers > Your Publisher ).
- Under Zones, click Add New. The Zone Type window will appear.
- Click on Email.
- Give the ad zone a name. It helps to name zones clearly and consistently to make them easy to identify throughout the AdButler interface. To follow this guide, name the zone Example Email Ad Zone.
- Select one of the preset dimensions or enter the size of the email ad items to be served in the zone.
- You can enable ad rotation by clicking on its checkbox and entering a period in minutes or days. When enabled, AdButler will serve a different ad based on your chosen period.
- Click Create Zone to save the new email ad zone. It wil appear in the table of zones in the publisher's dashboard.
Step 2: Add an email ad item
- From the publisher's dashboard, click on the e-mail ad zone you created in step 1 (Example Email Ad Zone). The zone's dashboard will appear.
- Click on Add New in the Email Ad Items table. The New Ad Item settings will appear.
- Select a serve method. For more information, read Serve Method Options. The rest of the settings will appear.
- Give the ad item a name. To follow this guide, use Example Email Ad Item. Fill in the rest of the fields as needed. For more information on image ad item settings, read Creating an image ad item.
- Click Save. The new image ad item will appear in the table of ad items in the email ad zone dashboard.
Step 3: Configure an email zone tag
- Click Get Zone Tags in the rightmost panel of the email ad zone dashboard. The Zone Tags window will appear.
- Paste your EUID in the Email User ID Macro field.
- Copy the code snippet and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Set the email ad zone tag
- Create a custom email template where you will add your zone tag. Look for the field in the template where you can place a snippet of code, such as the zone tag.
- In the HTML field, paste your zone tag code inside the section or wherever you want your ad to appear inside the newsletter. Be sure to save your template.
When you send out your email newsletter using this template to your subscribers, any ads assigned to that zone tag will appear within the email.
Example script in a Mailchimp email
- Click Code in the email template creator.
- Paste the email ad zone tag inside the