Serving 3rd-Party Ad Tags
3rd Party Ad Tags are used when you have a 3rd-party source for advertisements such as an exchange or another ad server.
In order to successfully implement 3rd-party Ad Tags in AdButler, you need to insert a tracking link macro into the ad tag provided by the 3rd party otherwise statistics will not be tracked in AdButler. Your ads will serve without them, but you won't log any impressions or clicks.
How to implement a 3rd-party ad tag in AdButler:
- Get the 3rd Party Ad Tag, ensuring it contains a destination URL.
- Edit the tag to insert the AdButler tracking macro within.
- In the Advertiser Standard Campaign or Standard Zone you want to serve the tag to, click on "Add New..." under ad items.
- Select "Custom HTML / 3rd Party Tags" from the Ad Item Type list.
- Specify a name for the ad.
- Leave the "Destination URL" field blank.
- In the "Raw HTML/Script" field, paste in the 3rd Party Ad Tag.
- Adjust any other assignment settings you require and click "Save".
When your campaign is assigned to a zone and your zone tags are properly placed on your page, the 3rd-party tag will now serve.
An example of a 3rd-Party Ad Tag with included tracking link macros: