Using keywords for date & time targeting
Using keywords to target certain days of the week and time ranges.
How date & time targeting works
Date & time targeting allows you to set a specific range for a placement. A range can include both a day of the week and time of day. When an ad is requested outside of the range, the ad will not be served.
When creating your date & time target, days are written as three letter abreviations and times using 24 hour notation. You use the
/ symbol to separate the date and time and the
- to signify a range.
Setting up date & time targeting
- Navigate to the assignment page for the placement you want to be targeted.
- Scroll down to and expand the targeting section.
- In the Keywords field, type in
date:followed by date and (optional) time range.
- Set they keyword check to preferred or required if you are looking for multiple keywords.
- Click Save at the bottom.
Example of date & time targeting
If, for instance, you were looking to target viewers on the weekday nights, your target would be
Tips for date & time targeting
- A successful date & time match does not change an ads likely hood to serve, while an unsuccessful match stops the ad from serving.
- A date & time target must include a date, but does not have to include a time. If you wish to only target time, you can set the date to be from Sunday to Saturday.
- You cannot make a date & time target exclusionary.
- If you are only using date & time targeting the keyword match method must be set to Preferred. Using required will cause the placement to not serve.