How to create an image ad item
This guide will show you how to create an image ad item. It assumes that you already have or know how to make a campaign.
Creating an image ad item
- Create a campaign. If you already have one, go to the campaign's dashboard (Advertisers > Your Advertiser > Your Campaign).
- Click Add New under the Ad Items table. The Ad Item type window will appear.
- Click Image. The New Ad Item settings will appear.
- Give the ad item a name.
- If the image is hosted online, enter the URL of the host in Image source. Otherwise, click Library and either upload an image from your computer or select an image from your Media Library.
- Make sure that the dimensions in the Size field match the size of the zone to which the campaign will be assigned.
- Fill in the rest of the fields. See the table below for details.
- Click Save Ad Item. The newly created Ad Item will be listed in the campaign dashboard.
Optional image ad item fields
|Destination URL||The URL users will go to if they click the ad item.|
|Target Window||If there is a destination URL, this setting specifies whether the browser will open the URL in a new window or in the same window. New is usually the best option.|
|Alternate Text||The alt text or tag for the image. Used to describe the ad item for people using a screen reader.|
|Tracking pixel||The URL of the impression tracking pixel.|
|Accompanied HTML||A link that will be shown directly below the ad item. Cannot be used to deliver scripts.|