Creating a Flash Ad item
Learn how to setup a Flash ad for serving with AdButler.
Creating a flash ad item
- In the Advertiser Campaign or Zone of your choosing, click on "Add New..." under ad items.
- Select "Flash" from the Ad Item Type list.
- Specify a name that will be used to identify the ad in the AdButler interface.
- If you're using our click tracking macros and your ad doesn't have a destination, enter one into the Destination URL field.
- Enter the URL location of the creative, or click the "Library" checkbox to upload and serve through AdButler's CDN.
- If you want to change the delivery, click Advanced Options to expose the additional settings. Here, you change the embed parameters: the version of flash to request, the default quality of the flash ad item, and the window mode for the flash creative.
- If your advertiser has provided one, paste the tracking pixel into the Tracking pixel field.
- Configure the other settings and save.
- Assign the campaign to an applicable Publisher's zone (if you created the ad item in a campaign and not a zone).
- On the Zone page, click "Get Zone Tags." Now where ever the zone tags are placed this ad item will serve.
As of 2015, modern browsers have initiated a program to cease support for Flash ad items and AdButler will also cease support in the future as well. While we still allow you to serve Flash-based ads, they may not serve properly or may be blocked depending on the browser.