How to create a custom HTML/Third party tag ad item
Custom HTML / third party ad tags are used to serve custom ads and third party ads from an external source such as an ad exchange. For more information on the latter, read Serving third party ad tags.
Creating a custom HTML/Third party tag ad item
- Go to the section of the relevant campaign (Your AdButler > Advertisers > Your Advertiser > Your Campaign).
- Click Add New above the table of ad items. You will be asked to select the ad item type you wish to create.
- Click Custom HTML or 3rd Party Tag. The New Ad Item page will appear.
- Give the ad item a name.
- Fill in the Destination URL field based on what URL you have:
- If you have a click tracking URL or destination URL, add our click tracking macro to the ad creative and place the provided URL into the Destination URL field.
- If you don't have a click tracking URL or destination URL, and there is no URL in the ad creative, add our tracking macro to the creative, and put a dummy URL into the Destination URL field. You can put your homepage URL to be safe. If your ad isn't asking viewers to click on it, it's not going to be an issue anyway.
- If you don't have a click tracking URL or destination URL, but there is a URL in the ad creative, leave the Destination URL field blank. Add our click tracking macro to the creative, ensuring that it sits directly before the URL.
- Enter the HTML or script. If you have saved HTML code in the Templates section, you can load the template using the dropdown menu above the Raw HTML/Script field.
- Set the size of the ad item. Be sure to match the dimensions of the ad creative.
- Enter the tracking pixel. (optional)
- Enter the URL or upload a backup image. (optional)
- Add metadata entries. (optional) For more information, read How to edit zone metadata.
- Click on Weighting to set the ad item's static weight. (optional) For more information on weight, read Pacing & schedule.
- Click Save Ad Item. You will be taken back to the campaign section, and the ad item you just created will be listed in the table of ad items.
Configuring zone tags