Campaigns are a great way to manage multiple ad items, although it's possible to create a campaign that has only a single ad item. When you assign a campaign to a zone, you assign all the ad items under it. The ad items will have the same assignment details, but each ad item can be assigned a specific weight to allow you to prioritize one over another.
If a campaign contains ad items of varying sizes, only ad items compatible with the requesting zone will be considered for serving.
There are two types of campaigns. A Standard Campaign is for most ad items types, including images, HTML/Rich media, and email ads. A VAST Campaign is for VAST ad items.
Creating a campaign
- Go to the section of the relevant advertiser (Your AdButler > Advertisers > Your Advertiser).
- Click Add New above the table of campaigns. The Create Campaign window will appear.
- Choose whether to create a Standard or a VAST campaign.
- Name the campaign.
- Add a roadblock tag. (optional)
- Click Create Campaign.
Tips for using campaigns
- Create a campaign for each unique ad campaign you are running.
- Do not reuse previous campaigns and zone assignments.
- Come up with a descriptive naming convention for your campaigns. This will make it easy to identify them throughout the AdButler interface.
- Remember that each ad item within a campaign can have a unique weight and can be paused individually.